Get your education to go at PDCCCPublished 10:50pm Wednesday, February 2, 2011
By Patsy Joyner
Paul D. Camp Community College’s Division of Workforce Development offers diverse online education for individuals and companies with online partners. Links to the following offerings are on the college website under Workforce Development/Online Classes at www.pdc.edu/workforce-development/onlineclasses.php:
• Ed2Go – Education to Go offers online, instructor-facilitated courses designed to improve job skills and enhance lifelong learning. Through well-crafted lessons, expert online instruction and interaction with fellow students, you’ll gain valuable knowledge at your convenience. You’ll have the flexibility to study at your own pace, combined with enough structure and support to complete the course. The courses can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere with an Internet connection.
• Ed2Go Pro makes it easy for businesses to provide high-quality training for their employees — no matter how many employees they have or where they’re located. PDCCC has partnered with ed2go to offer hundreds of online, instructor-facilitated employee training courses.
• Gatlin Education Services is the world’s largest provider of web-based, instructor supported training programs to colleges and universities nationwide. Our open-enrollment programs are designed to provide the skills necessary to acquire professional level positions for many in-demand occupations. GES offers online certificate programs in Healthcare and Fitness, Business and Professional, IT and Software Development, Management and Corporate, Media and Design, Hospitality and Gaming, and Skilled Trades. Our programs are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, who work to provide the most effective web-based learning experience available today. Instructors/mentors are actively involved in your online learning experience. They respond to any questions or concerns, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
• RedVector offers a course library that boasts more than 2,100 essential and interactive offerings that cover continuing education requirements and professional development training for engineering, architectural, interior design, construction, land surveying, building inspection and landscape architecture industries. These online courses are developed to meet Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations requirements for engineers, architects, contractors, land surveyors, landscape architects and other industry professionals.
• The Income Tax School is a premier provider of tax preparation courses for individuals, schools and businesses. The Income Tax School course catalog offers more than 40 online tax education programs, ranging from three-hour Continuing Professional Education seminars for EAs, CPAs, CFPs and un-enrolled tax preparers to 30-60 hour tax preparation courses used by accounting and financial and (soon) tax professionals to fulfill training needs. The Income Tax School will also offer an IRS competency test course to prepare tax professionals for new compliance standards.
For more details, call 569-6050.
Super Saturday Sessions
A reminder of the free workshop sessions for college-bound students, returning students and parents that will be held Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Paul D. Camp Community College.
Sponsored by the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators and funded in part by the College Access Challenge Grant Program, Super Saturday will take place at the Regional Workforce Development Center in Franklin, 100 N. College Drive and in the computer lab on the Hobbs Suffolk Campus, 271 Kenyon Road.
Participants can receive one-on-one assistance with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, gather information during financial aid workshops, and register for the opportunity to win a $100 book scholarship.
Students and parents must bring identification information, W-2 forms and tax return documents to complete the FAFSA. For a complete list of materials needed and Super Saturday sites, visit www.vasfaa.org.
For information on other options available at PDCCC, call 569-6700, or visit www.pdc.edu.