Green chiles add a kickPublished 9:45pm Tuesday, August 7, 2012
By Janet Tharpe
Thank goodness for green chiles. These sweet little peppers have just the right amount of heat.
Green Chile Cheese Squares from home cook Diana Furman are out of this world. The eggy, cheesy, chile goodness is a perfect balance of flavors. They’re delightful for breakfast, lunch or a snack, and you’ll have friends and family begging for the recipe, too.
See step-by-step photos of Diana’s recipe, plus thousands more from home cooks around the country at www.justapinch.com/cheesesquares. You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
Janet Tharpe writes for the Just a Pinch Recipe Club at justapinch.com, where you can find these recipes and many others that include avocados.
Green Chile Cheese Square
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 10 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped green chiles
- 1 pint small curd cottage cheese
- 1 lb. shredded cheddar and Monterey jack
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Melt butter and cool slightly. Pour into large bowl; add eggs, beating slightly. Add in all other ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a buttered 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower to 350 degrees for another 30 minutes.