Truck driver indicted in wreckPublished 11:29pm Thursday, October 25, 2012
A tractor-trailer driver has been indicted on seven charges related to a July 25 wreck that killed a 28-year-old husband and father.
Christopher Michael Fitzwater died in the wreck on Carolina Road, which police said was caused when Willie Lee Riddick took his eyes away from the road. Riddick is charged with involuntary manslaughter, reckless driving and using a hand-held cellphone while driving as a commercial motor carrier, a violation of federal law.
No court date has yet been set for Riddick.
In addition, the man accused of the July murder of a Suffolk woman has been formally indicted with the crime.
George Joe Eure III, 24, is charged with first-degree murder, abduction and shoot, stab, cut or wound in the commission of a felony. He was among 53 defendants indicted on 172 charges on Wednesday.
Eure is accused of killing 60-year-old Amelia Lou Mustin, who was found dead July 11 at her Woodruff Street home. Eure lived on the same street.
Police discovered Mustin’s body after a neighbor grew concerned he had not seen her. She usually sat on the porch in the mornings and drank coffee, neighbors said.
Eure is set for arraignment on Nov. 26.
The complete list of indictments is below.
- Angel Arrington — grand larceny; forgery (7 counts); uttering (7 counts)
- Rufus Lindell Artis — willfully discharge firearm in public – bodily injury; use of firearm in commission of a felony; malicious wounding
- Cedric Fitzgerald Askew — hit and run – personal injury or attended property damage
- Robert W. Baker Jr. — possession of heroin with intent to distribute; possession of firearm while distributing or possessing drugs with intent to distribute
- Brittney Shenay Battle — grand larceny
- Floyd Allen Bennett — assault and battery of law enforcement officer
- Alvin Eugene Boone — prohibited criminal street gang participation; recruitment of persons for criminal street gang
- Marlon Terrell Boone — possession of marijuana with intent to distrubute – ½ ounce to five pounds
- Reginald Thomas Boothe — third offense larceny
- Guy Vincent Bradley — shoot, stab, cut or wound; malicious wounding
- Ernest Eugene Brown — larceny with intent to sell or distribute; grand larceny; obtaining money or property by false pretense; removing or altering vehicle ID number
- William Evans Clark III — concealment
- Aaron Wesley Darden — possess heroin
- Arnulfo Dominguez — aggravated sexual battery of victim under 13 (13 counts); indecent liberties in a custodial relationship (10 counts); forcible sodomy of victim under 13 (7 counts); rape of child under 13 (2 counts)
- Markia D. Dudley — concealment
- Diane Yvonne Eggleston — malicious wounding
- Michael Eley — possess/transport/conceal firearm by convicted felon; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell or distribute
- George Joe Eure III — first-degree murder; abduction; shoot, stab, cut or wound
- Melissa Ann Gillespie (aka Deuyour) — conspiracy to distribute cocaine (3 counts); distribute cocaine (3 counts)
- David Lee Goodman — worthless check
- Andre Tyrone Harris — arson of unoccupied dwelling (2 counts)
- Bobby Antonio Hicks — possess cocaine
- Kimberly Tralina Hunter — concealment
- Jamail S. Jenkins — threaten to bomb or burn
- Vontay Jerrell Jennings — malicious wounding; contributing to delinquency of a minor (2 counts); malicious wounding while part of a mob; possess/transport/conceal firearm by convicted felon
- Laray Antoine Lawton — distribute marijuana ½ ounce to five pounds
- Tony Antwon Lewis — use of a firearm in commission of a felony; possess/transport/conceal firearm by convicted felon; use of a gun or simulated gun in a street robbery
- Claude Hartwell Lloyd — possess/transport/conceal firearm by convicted felon; sell, give, distribute, manufacture Schedule IV controlled drug (2 counts); distribute Schedule I or II drug; possess firearm while possessing drugs
- Maggie Mae McKean — possess other Schedule I or II drug
- Robert L. Midgett — larceny with intent to sell or distribute; grand larceny; burglary tools possession; statutory burglary (2 counts)
- Tyree Moore — strangulation resulting in wounding or bodily injury
- Ingrid Avakae Nelson — assault and battery of law enforcement officer (2 counts)
- Laurie Ann Newsome — assault and battery of law enforcement officer
- Samuel Tremaine Porter — abduction (2 counts); use of firearm in commission of a felony; robbery of business with gun or simulated gun (3 counts); conspiracy to commit a felony (4 counts); attempted robbery; use of firearm in commission of a felony (5 counts); abduction with intent to obtain pecuniary benefit (2 counts)
- Kelvin Andre Rawlings — embezzlement (2 counts)
- Donriek Ashoun Red-Fox — grand larceny; prohibited criminal street gang participation; obstruction of justice
- Willie Lee Riddick — reckless driving – fail to control vehicle; involuntary manslaughter; reckless driving – accident with death; use of hand held cellular phone by a commercial motor carrier; use of unauthorized additional equipment and accessories; falsify driver’s record of duty status; drive too fast for conditions
- Adam Harrison Saunders — possession of firearm by possessing drugs; possession of Schedule I or II drug with intent to distribute
- Carl Saunders — possession of firearm by possessing drugs; possession of Schedule I or II drug with intent to distribute
- Anthony Richard Schmaing — driving while intoxicated, third offense within 10 years
- Ashley Courtney Sherrill — child neglect/abuse, reckless disregard
- Vanessa Antoinette Smith — grand larceny
- Joquion Letrille Stephens — use of a firearm in commission of a felony; possess/transport/conceal firearm by convicted felon; robbery of a residence
- Quana Bailey Terry — grand larceny
- Leon Ricky Thomas — assault and battery of a law enforcement officer
- Mario Turane — shoot, stab, cut or wound; malicious wounding
- Katie Lynn Valenti — embezzlement
- James Aloysious Warren Jr. — grand larceny; use of a firearm in commission of a felony; abduction
- Antwoine Whitaker — rape by force, threat or intimidation; sexual penetration with object – force or incapacity
- Anthony L. White — drive while habitual offender, subsequent offense
- Ronnie Nelson Wilkins — grand larceny (2 counts); obtaining money or property by false pretense; shoot, stab, cut or wound; malicious wounding
- Haywood Williams III — possession of a firearm while distribution of possessing with intent to distribute heroin; possession of heroin with intent to distribute; possession of marijuana with intent to distribute ½ ounce to five pounds