Closings and cancellationsPublished 11:06am Saturday, October 27, 2012
Closings and cancellations will be listed here throughout the storm as they are announced. Send your organization’s storm-related closings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Children’s Center in Suffolk will open at 7:30 a.m. All other Children’s Center locations will open at normal times. Transportation for all centers will not be offered in the morning, but will be offered in the afternoon.
- Nansemond-Suffolk Academy will operate on a two-hour delay Tuesday. No morning care services will be offered.
- Suffolk Public Schools will have a two-hour delay Tuesday.
- Suffolk Public Libraries will close at 5:30 p.m. Monday.
- The East Suffolk Recreation Center will close at 6 p.m. Monday.
- City offices will be OPEN Tuesday.
- City refuse collection and TFC Recycling pickup will run as scheduled Tuesday.
- ABC stores closed at 2:30 p.m. Monday. It is not yet known if they will be open Tuesday.
- The meeting for Suffolk election officials scheduled for Tuesday at 7 p.m. has been moved from the Suffolk National Guard Armory to the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts, 110 W. Finney Ave.
- Suffolk city offices are OPEN Monday, but liberal leave is available for employees.
- The Suffolk Health Department will be closed Monday.
- The offices of the Suffolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority will be closed on Monday.
- The Suffolk Family YMCA will open at noon Monday. Only Stay and Play and Izone care will be provided.
- Southeastern Public Service Authority offices will be closed Monday.
- Suffolk Public Schools will be closed on Monday.
- Nansemond-Suffolk Academy will be closed on Monday.
- All Suffolk Parks and Recreation before- and after-school care programs are closed. Evening activities still are scheduled until further notice.
- The Children’s Center sites in Suffolk and Smithfield will be closed Monday. The Franklin site will still be open unless decided otherwise.
- The Suffolk Humane Society office will be closed Monday.
- The Riddick’s Folly program “Poe and His Works” set for 2 p.m. Sunday has been postponed. The rescheduled date has not yet been set.
- The Suffolk Visitor Center will close at 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Cedar Hill Cemetery is closed for the duration of the storm.
- The city’s Division of Tourism has canceled the Great Dismal Swamp bus tour set for Sunday. The next tour is scheduled for Nov. 4 at 9:30 a.m.
- In addition, the Cedar Hill Cemetery and Suffolk Ghost Walk tours set for Saturday are canceled. The next cemetery tour is set for Nov. 3 at 1:30 p.m. The next ghost walk is set for Nov. 3 at 5 p.m.
- The Legends of Sleepy Hole Haunted Hayride has been canceled for Saturday night.