Guests will gobble this turkey upPublished 8:54pm Tuesday, November 20, 2012
By Janet Tharpe
Apples are synonymous with autumn, so why not involve them in your Thanksgiving feast?
Home cook Sherry Monfils adds a double hit of apple to accent her show-stopping bird, with delightful results. Apple juice concentrate glazes the turkey, while apples inside steam the bird from the inside out, keeping it juicy. Careful — you may not have leftovers with this tasty turkey.
See step-by-step photos of Sherry’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks around the country at www.justapinch.com/easyturkey.
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win. Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch.”
Easy Turkey with Apples and Glaze
1 12-lb. turkey, giblets removed
3 apples, cored and quartered
1 12-oz. container apple juice concentrate, thawed
1-3/4 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 tsp. dried sage
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large roasting pan with foil.
2. Place turkey in pan. Rub inside and outside of turkey with salt and pepper.
3. Stuff apples inside turkey.
4. Pour apple juice over turkey.
5. Pour broth into bottom of pan. Sprinkle turkey with sage. Loosely cover turkey with foil.
6. Roast three hours. Remove foil and roast another 30-60 minutes, brushing with liquid until bird is no longer pink inside.
Janet Tharpe writes for the Just a Pinch Recipe Club at justapinch.com, where you can find these recipes and many others.