Archived Story

Port process advances

Published 9:31pm Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Two parties in a three-way contest for the right to operate the Port of Virginia have submitted detailed proposals to the state’s Office of Public-Private Partnerships.

State officials received detailed proposals from APM Virginia and RREEF American LLC late Monday, port spokesman Joe Harris confirmed. The filings were due Monday.

“That office will begin going through those proposals to make sure they conform and they have all the parts to go forward,” Harris said.

Virginia International Terminals, which is vying for the right to continue operating port facilities, was not required to make a detailed submission, he said.

APM lodged an unsolicited proposal under the state’s Public-Private Transportation Act earlier this year, drawing counter-offers from RREEF and a third group that has since withdrawn, The Carlyle Group.

A working group that will review the detailed proposals includes representatives of the Virginia Port Authority, the offices of the Virginia Secretary of Transportation and Virginia Attorney General, and several private sector consultants, according to a Port of Virginia blog.

 

PrintFriendly

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to read and leave comments on this article.

Editor's Picks