Hickory swims past WarriorsPublished 10:53pm Thursday, December 20, 2012
The Nansemond River boys’ and girls’ swim teams had difficult matches against Hickory last Saturday, falling as teams but creating some bright spots through individual performances at the Great Bridge Swim and Racquet Club.
The boys’ team lost 131-39, and the girls’ team lost 139-31, making NR’s team records 2-2 and 0-4, respectively.
Nevertheless, freshman Logan Eubanks continues to make a strong impression, particularly in the 100-meter butterfly where he broke the new school record he set at the beginning of this season. He cut his time from 1:09.65 to 1:09.02.
Following are some notable NR swimmers who recorded personal bests for the season in various events on Saturday (though listed here together, boys and girls swim in separate instances of the events):
- 50 freestyle: Sara Gallagher 31.83; Savana Chevalier 35.16
- 100 backstroke: Logan Eubanks 1:08.98; Natalie Kuhn 1:41.12
- 100 breaststroke: Taylor Pearl 1:46.09
- 100 butterfly: Logan Eubanks 1:09.02; Jonathan Sharpe 1:28.92
- 100 freestyle: Joseph Pedersen 1:12.57; Sara Gallagher 1:14.51
- 200 freestyle: Tyler Till 2:27.65; Jacob Hopple 2:28.65; Jordan Stockman 2:58.60; Beth Gover 3:17.95
- 200 individual medley: River Fiedler 3:33.39
- 400 freestyle: Beth Gover 6:52.94
Nansemond River takes a break for the holidays and will return to face Great Bridge on Saturday, Jan. 5 at the Great Bridge Swim and Racquet Club.