Updated closures and cancellationsPublished 12:06pm Friday, January 25, 2013
Here is the list of closures and cancellations announced by area schools and organizations. This list will be updated throughout the day.
- The Suffolk Visitor Center, Suffolk Public Libraries and Suffolk Executive Airport opened at noon on Saturday.
- All Suffolk Parks and Recreation youth league sports events have been canceled for Friday evening and Saturday. All afterschool programs will remain open Friday until 6 p.m. The East Suffolk Recreation Center will close at 6 p.m.
- The SAT tests scheduled for Saturday morning at King’s Fork and Lakeland high schools have been postponed. The makeup date is Feb. 16.
- Suffolk Public Schools — All after-school activities for Friday have been canceled.
- King’s Fork High School — Tonight’s boys’ and girls’ basketball games against Oscar Smith have been rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 4.
- Lakeland High School — Tonight’s boys’ and girls’ basketball games against Western Branch have been postponed and the make-up date will be announced at a later time.
- Nansemond River High School — The boys’ and girls’ basketball games against Hickory will be rescheduled at a later date. The wrestling match tomorrow has been postponed, as well.
- Nansemond-Suffolk Academy — The girls’ basketball game against Collegiate School in Richmond has been postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date. Saturday’s swim meet at Norfolk Academy has not yet been canceled.
- First Baptist Christian School — All after-school sports activities have been canceled. The boys’ and girls’ basketball games against Virginia Beach Friends will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The Children’s Center — All locations will close Friday at 3:30 p.m. Children in the Early Head Start and Head Start programs who use bus transportation will be leaving at 1 p.m. Students whose parents pick them up can be picked up at the regular time.
- Bethlehem Ruritan Club — The Bethlehem Ruritan Club Jam scheduled for Friday has been canceled. The next event will be Feb. 22 beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- The Virginia Symphony performance for the Franklin-Southampton Concert Association at Southampton High School Saturday night has been canceled.