Archived Story

Man injured in house fire

Published 11:48pm Friday, February 8, 2013

A Suffolk man received minor burns in a house fire in the 200 block of North 4th Street on Thursday.

Firefighters were called to the home in the downtown area at about 7:43 p.m. When they arrived, they found heavy fire showing from the rear of the home, according to Suffolk spokesperson Diana Klink.

Engines 2 and 3, Rescue 1, Ladder 3, Medic 3, Battalion 1 and the Fire Marshal responded to the fire, which was contained to the structure’s three downstairs rooms, according to a press release from the city.

The victim was treated at the scene and taken to Sentara Obici Hospital with minor burns on his right leg, Klink stated in the release. The man was the sole occupant of the home and is being assisted by the Hampton Roads Chapter of the American Red Cross.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

PrintFriendly

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to read and leave comments on this article.

Editor's Picks