Woman indicted on child cruelty chargePublished 8:45pm Thursday, June 27, 2013
A woman who allegedly got high with her son in the car was indicted by the grand jury this week.
She and 44 others are charged face a total of 94 criminal charges.
Billie Jolene Warburton, 31, of Norfolk, allegedly was found in the parking lot of the Mills E. Godwin Jr. Courts Building on North Main Street after an officer noticed her slumped over the steering wheel of her vehicle with the window open, motor running and a 23-month-old son in the backseat, according to a press release issued by the city at the time.
Blood allegedly was found on the center console, and fresh injection marks were visible on her arms, according to the release. Several drug-related items were found in the vehicle, the release said.
She faces charges of child abuse or neglect, driving while intoxicated with drugs with child, first offense, possession of cocaine, possession of heroin, child cruelty and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
No date has been set for her to return to the courthouse.
The full list of indictments is below.
- Joseph Carlyle Ashe Jr. — assault and battery of law enforcement officer
- Dominique Marchel Avery — unauthorized use of vehicle
- Sangria Tywann Bailey — embezzlement more than $200; possession of cocaine
- Shannon Dwight Baines — malicious wounding; object sexual penetration by force
- Robert Lee Barnes Jr. — abduction
- Michael Bivens — possession of cocaine
- Nicole Anne Boyer — possession of cocaine
- Cherelle Yvonne Davis — destruction of property with intent; statutory burglary
- Phillip J. Donaldson — grand larceny
- Roy Abdias Escobar — aggravated sexual battery; indecent liberties with child
- David Andre Faulk — possession with intent to distribute imitation controlled substance
- Devin Lavon Gatling — grand larceny (2 counts); larceny with intent to sell (2 counts)
- Edward Gatling — possession of cocaine
- Melvin Earl Graves — habitual offender, subsequent offense
- Daniel Guillory Jr. — abduction; malicious wounding; assault and battery; shoot, stab, cut or wound
- Joshua Allen Hubbard — failure to appear on felony charge
- Vanette Jones — possess controlled substance
- Victor Jerome Jones — leave scene of accident; operate improper brakes
- Marcell Donald Jordan — grand larceny of auto
- Zachary Brittan Lamb — grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell; obtain money by false pretenses
- Karen Denise Lee — third offense larceny
- Jermaine Lyons — identity theft; grand larceny (4 counts)
- Lamont Victor Martin — statutory burglary; conspiracy to commit statutory burglary; grand larceny; sell stolen property; obtain money by false pretenses; conspiracy to commit grand larceny
- James Paul Meade — malicious wounding
- Joseph Cullin Mitterer — possession of cocaine
- Amod Rashad Mizell — violent felon possess/transfer weapon
- Joseph Andre Moore — possession of cocaine with intent to distribute; petit larceny; possession of marijuana, second offense
- Charles L. Moseley — possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Clevester Lamount Peoples — sale, distribute marijuana
- William Angelo Privott — habitual offender, subsequent offense
- Sharonda Danyell Ricks — unlawful wounding
- Terrell Karim Saunders — gang: participate in criminal act (3 counts); assault and battery of law enforcement officer (3 counts)
- Gralin Scott — possession of cocaine
- Jeremy Lee Sieber — domestic assault and battery, third offense
- John Curtis Staton — nonviolent felon possess weapon; possess gun with Schedule I or II drug; manufacture/distribute Schedule I or II drug
- Doris Latrina Taylor — third offense larceny
- Vontrail Marquis Thorpe — third offense larceny (2 counts); concealment, third offense
- Angela Dunavant Tilley — grand larceny
- Seth Morrell Turner — distribute/possess with intent to distribute marijuana; conspiracy to distribute marijuana
- Billie Jolene Warburton — child abuse or neglect; driving while intoxicated with drugs with child, first offense; possession of cocaine; possession of heroin; child cruelty; contribute to delinquency of a minor
- Dominique Laron Ward — statutory burglary; conspiracy to commit statutory burglary; larceny with intent to sell; grand larceny; obtain money by false pretenses
- Anthony Earl White — eluding police, endangerment
- Keith Albert Whitehead — grand larceny; forgery; uttering; larceny with intent to sell
- James Linwood Wilson — possession of cocaine with attempt to distribute, second offense; distribute/possession with intent to distribute marijuana
- Edell Alexander Young — false statement on criminal history; attempt to possess firearm