Fire sparked at funeral homePublished 11:23pm Wednesday, October 16, 2013
The crematorium at R.W. Baker Funeral Home sparked a minor fire on Wednesday afternoon that was contained to the crematorium.
“Props to the fire department,” vice president Blake Baker said Wednesday as crews cleaned up and investigated the cause of the blaze. “They did a very good job. This could have been really bad for us.”
Baker said it appeared a failure in the stack of the crematorium led to the fire in the rafters. Minor damage was confined to the crematorium, with no damage to the rest of the building, the funeral home posted on Facebook later.
“We’re open for business, and everything is good,” Baker said.