Archived Story

Three fires extinguished Friday night

Published 12:20pm Saturday, February 8, 2014

Firefighters were busy Friday night as they responded to three fires, but no injuries were reported in any of the incidents.

The first call came in at 6:52 p.m. from the 200 block of Central Avenue. The fire had run up the side of the two-story residential apartment unit and gotten under the siding and between the studs. About $2,000 in damage was reported, and none of the residents were displaced as a result. The fire marshal’s office is investigating.

The second call came in at 7:39 p.m. from the 300 block of Woodruff St. Firefighters extinguished a small kitchen fire that was confined to the stove area, but smoke had spread throughout the residence. The residents were not displaced as a result.

Just four minutes after that fire was brought under control at 7:53 p.m., another was called in from the 1400 block of Wilroy Road. An electrical outlet in a shed had caught fire, but the blaze was contained to the area around the outlet.

PrintFriendly

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to read and leave comments on this article.

Editor's Picks