Tuesday closures and delays announcedPublished 12:54am Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Closures and cancellations for Tuesday are as follows:
- The city’s public and private schools once again are closed Tuesday because of treacherous road conditions.
- Suffolk Public Schools, Nansemond-Suffolk Academy and Suffolk Christian Academy all have canceled classes.
- City offices, including all libraries, the East Suffolk Recreation Center and the Suffolk Visitor Center, will open at noon Tuesday.
- Suffolk Transit has canceled all operations Tuesday, and trash and recycling pickups will be delayed by one day.
- Suffolk Circuit Court will be closed Tuesday, but the Circuit Court Clerk’s Office will open at noon. General District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations courts will be closed.
- Suffolk Christian Church has canceled its Saints Alive, Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper and Bible study for Tuesday night, as well as Wednesday morning Bible study. The pancake supper will be rescheduled for the near future.
- The East Suffolk Recreation Center closed at 5 p.m. instead of its usual 8 p.m. time. All evening programs have been canceled.