40 indicted by grand jury
Published 5:14 pm Tuesday, July 26, 2011
A Suffolk man was indicted Monday on several charges after his April arrest for allegedly using Facebook to start a relationship with a 16-year-old girl.
He is one of 40 defendants indicted on 99 charges.
Robert Jeremiah Uhl, 22, was indicted on three counts of crimes against nature, three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and one count of using electronic means to procure a minor.
Email newsletter signup
According to city spokeswoman Debbie George at the time of his arrest, Uhl allegedly sent a friend request to a 16-year-old female whom he did not previously know. George said they ultimately met and had sex, and that the girl had run away from home.
Suffolk police received a call from another jurisdiction requesting a check on Uhl’s residence, George said. The girl was allegedly found there.
Uhl was on probation from similar charges that originated in 2008.
The full list of indictments is below.
- Jaevante Artis — indecent liberties with child
- Angela Baines — obtain prescription by false pretenses
- Reginald Levin Banks — threaten to burn
- Kenneth David Brown — third offense domestic assault and battery
- Duwayne Franciscus Eaton — rape of a child (2 counts); rape; aggravated sexual battery, victim under 13 (3 counts); aggravated sexual battery by parent, victim 13-17 (4 counts); indecent act with child by parent (7 counts)
- Tyrone Lee Faulk — noise disturbance; drunk in public
- Mark Daniel Fenner Sr. — habitual offender, subsequent offense
- Kwamaine R. Finney — failure to appear on felony charge
- Priscilla Carolina Garcia — embezzlement under $200
- Brian Elijah Gibson — obtain money by false pretenses
- Deshaun Griffin — robbery; grand larceny from person; conspiracy to commit robbery
- Samuel Tyshawn Hall — forgery; uttering; obtain money by false pretenses
- Angela Christina Harris — threatening to burn
- Andre G. Hunter — statutory burglary; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell
- Terry Avon Hunter — possession of cocaine
- Bubble A. Jones — statutory burglary; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell
- Jennifer Leah Jones — obtain prescription by false pretenses; possession of controlled substance; petit larceny
- Dennis L. Kelley — drive while intoxicated, third or subsequent offense
- Keona Monique Lawrence — child cruelty (3 counts); contribute to delinquency of a minor (3 counts)
- Christopher Bantley Mathis — assault and battery; assault and battery of law enforcement officer; possession of biological agent (2 counts)
- Frank Edward McClenny Jr. — unlawfully obtain DMV documents; false statement to DMV; obtain money by false pretenses
- Milton F. Mizell — drive while intoxicated, third or subsequent offense
- William Genell Mizelle — possession of heroin with intent to distribute; conspiracy to possess heroin with intent to distribute
- Kristofer Morrison — leave scene of accident
- Louis Edward Newland Jr. — violent felon possess weapon; possession of sawed-off shotgun
- Dennis Nathaniel Reid — grand larceny (2 counts); larceny with intent to sell (2 counts); obtain money by false pretenses, possession of cocaine
- David Scott Ronuckeo — attempted forcible sodomy
- Zachary L. Spivey — possession of heroin
- Richard Scott Stubenvoll — indecent liberties with a child
- Darelle Arthur Thomas — assault and battery of law enforcement officer
- Gary Wayne Thomas — manufacture/transport/sell alcohol armed
- Quentonio D. Thomas — robbery; grand larceny from person; conspiracy to commit robbery
- Harold Thompson — unauthorized use of auto
- Robert Jeremiah Uhl — crimes against nature (3 counts); contributing to the delinquency of a minor (3 counts); electronic means to procure minor
- Kelvin Lamont White — forgery; uttering; obtain money by false pretenses
- Edward Eugene Whitfield — failure to register as sex offender (2 counts)
- Amy D. Williams — grand larceny
- Hosie McKinley Williams — failure to appear on felony charge
- Kenneth Dean Wilson — possession of child pornography (5 counts)
- Stanley Percell Wilson — habitual offender, subsequent offense