Home invasion suspects sought
Published 11:31 pm Thursday, December 22, 2011
Suffolk police are seeking two suspects in a home invasion robbery that occurred Wednesday.
The victims, a family that lives in the 1100 block of Nansemond Parkway, reported that one man forced open a locked door of their mobile home about 10 p.m.
Three adults and a 17-year-old were in the home at the time, city spokeswoman Debbie George said.
Email newsletter signup
Once inside, one of the suspects opened a bedroom door, brandished a firearm at an adult occupant and forced him onto the floor, George said.
The suspect then forced the 17-year-old from another bedroom at gunpoint and made him join the other occupant on the floor.
The suspects then ransacked the home and stole a desktop computer, two cell phones, four iPods, some compact discs and cash, George said.
The other two occupants of the home did not realize anything was happening, she said. One had been asleep and the other was watching television.
The suspect with the gun is described as a black male, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, with an athletic build, short black hair and a goatee. No description of the second suspect is available.
Anyone who has information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Callers to Crime Line never have to give their names or appear in court, and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.