Grand jury indicts 47
Published 9:30 pm Thursday, August 23, 2012
The Suffolk grand jury indicted 47 defendants on Wednesday, including a man who allegedly broke into his ex-girlfriend’s home and sexually assaulted her.
Michael Richard Greene, 28, was charged April 15 with the alleged crime. It allegedly happened about two weeks earlier, according to city spokeswoman Debbie George at the time.
Also indicted was a 28-year-old man accused of accidentally shooting himself during an argument with his estranged wife.
Email newsletter signup
Robert Trevor Foote told police he had been taking target practice on June 23 when he got into the argument with his wife and she attempted to leave with their 2-year-old child, George said at the time. He put his handgun into his holster and shot himself in the leg.
Also indicted was 21-year-old Kendrell Lee Barnes. George said at the time that a police officer responded to a possible burglary at a vacant residence March 14 and found Barnes coming downstairs with a 13-year-old girl after the two allegedly had sex.
The driver in an April 17 fatal accident also was indicted on charges related to the wreck.
James Patrick Normile IV, 43, had five passengers in his Toyota Sequoia when it crashed in the 3200 block of Holland Road about 6:15 a.m. Normile had fallen asleep, according to a police report. His 16-year-old son died in the wreck.
None of the occupants was wearing a seatbelt, according to the report.
The full list of indictments is below.
- Willieto Artis — possess cocaine
- Wendy Ellen Ashworth — prescription fraud; forgery
- Laron Cortez Baker-Pierce — assault and battery of law enforcement officer
- Kendrell Lee Barnes — carnal knowledge of a minor; indecent liberties with child – fondling
- Brian W. Barrett — carnal knowledge of a minor (4 counts)
- Johnny Jamal Barrow-Cox — possess cocaine; distribute cocaine
- Byron Jerome Bennett — third offense larceny (2 counts)
- Bobby Michael Bruner — possession of heroin with intent to distribute; possession of marijuana with intent to distribute ½ ounce to five pounds
- Jerome Clay Calfee — grand larceny
- Charles Martin Carrington — unauthorized use of a vehicle
- Yolanda Sheree Chapman — concealment; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell or distribute
- Shenika S. Cuffee — abduction; attempted robbery
- Joseph Culbertson — falsify firearm purchase form
- Aubrey David Daughtrey Jr. — driving while intoxicated, third offense within five years
- Jacob Daughtrey — conspiracy to commit a felony; larceny with intent to sell or distribute (2 counts); grand larceny (2 counts)
- Ray Lavail Dowdy — possession of cocaine with intent to sell or distribute
- Frank Lowell Eley Jr. — elude police officer endangerment
- Raymond Eley Jr. — obstruction of justice
- Terence Terry Fitzgerald — felony failure to appear
- Robert Trevor Foote — child neglect/abuse – reckless disregard; reckless handling of a firearm; child cruelty; violation of protective order; abduction (2 counts); false report to police; purchase or transport firearm while under protective order
- Rollie James Gatling — possess cocaine
- Leon Cornelius Gibbons — grand larceny
- Michael Richard Greene — grand larceny; attempted rape; statutory burglary
- Andre Tyrone Harris — arson of unoccupied dwelling; burning or destroying dwelling house
- Michael Irving Harvey — grand larceny
- Kelly Ann Irwin — credit card fraud – receive goods or services; credit card fraud; credit card theft
- Eric Montae Jones — third offense larceny
- Latora Shamila King — possession of marijuana with intent to distribute ½ ounce to five pounds
- Donte Maurice Knight — larceny with intent to sell or distribute (2 counts); conspiracy to commit a felony (2 counts); grand larceny (2 counts)
- Doreen Elizabeth Lawrence — forgery of public record; uttering
- Erin Theresa Mack — possess other Schedule I or II drug
- Tremayne Darvelle Madison — grand larceny
- Anthony De’Shawn McLaurin — aggravated malicious wounding; conspiracy to commit a felony; prohibited criminal street gang participation; shoot, stab, cut or wound; assault and battery by a mob (2 counts)
- James Patrick Normile IV — reckless driving – accident with death; reckless driving – failure to control or bad brakes
- Christopher Parker — conspiracy to commit a felony (2 counts); grand larceny (2 counts)
- Taneshia Alisa RedFox — conspiracy to commit larceny; concealment; possess cocaine
- John Sebastian Riddick — distribute cocaine; conspiracy to distribute cocaine
- Eric Lee Salley — grand larceny
- Justin Cial Schleeper — grand larceny
- Linwood Simmons Jr. — possess other Schedule I or II drug; manufacture marijuana
- Antionette Louvenia Smith — felony failure to appear
- Asia Lavon Smith — assault and battery of law enforcement officer (2 counts)
- Jonathan Standaert — abduction
- Tammy D. Swain — third offense larceny
- James Edward Tillar — robbery; use of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- David Allen Vanderburg — assault family or household member, third offense
- Trucker Deshon Wiggins — distribute cocaine