Eight days a week: Restaurant Week back again
Published 9:58 pm Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Suffolk gastronomists can try out a new restaurant or revisit an old favorite during the semi-annual Suffolk Restaurant Week beginning this Saturday.
Held every spring and fall, Restaurant “Week” actually lasts for eight days so it can encompass two Saturdays.
This year, patrons at 15 local eateries can choose three-course meals from fixed-price menus at two price levels for lunch and dinner. No coupons, vouchers or tickets are needed. Just order from the Restaurant Week menu — or, if you fancy something on the regular menu, feel free.
Email newsletter signup
“It’s a good deal,” said Katie Kelley, tourism development specialist for the city. “It’s a great way to try out some restaurants you’ve never been to before.”
New on the participant list this year is the Historic Obici House, which will have limited hours but which will offer up dishes in the dramatic setting of Planters Peanuts founder Amedeo Obici’s restored mansion in the 100th anniversary year of the company being in Suffolk.
“We’re very excited about that,” Kelley said.
Relatively new returnees include Nana Sushi and Cedar Point Country Club.
“We’re really hoping it will be nice and successful for them,” Kelley said.
“This is just a really great way for everybody to get out and see what kind of great restaurants we have.”
The deluxe menu will cost $10 for lunch or $20 for dinner, while the premier level will be $15 for lunch or $30 for dinner.
Participants include the following restaurants:
- Al Forno Pizzeria Italian Restaurant, 1523 Holland Road
- Amici’s Italian Restaurant & Pizza Café, 157 E. Washington St.
- The Baron’s Pub, 185 N. Main St.
- Cedar Point Country Club, 8056 Clubhouse Drive
- Constant’s Wharf Grill (inside the Hilton Garden Inn Suffolk Riverfront), 100 E. Constance Road
- The Egg Bistro, 5860 Harbour View Blvd.
- George’s Steakhouse, 1260 Holland Road
- Great American Grill (inside the Hilton Garden Inn Harbour View), 5921 Harbour View Blvd.
- Harper’s Table, 122 N. Main St.
- Historic Obici House, 4700 Sleepy Hole Road
- Mosaic by Holland’s, 110 W. Finney Ave.
- Nana Sushi, 6255 College Drive
- The Plaid Turnip, 115 N. Main St.
- River Stone Chophouse, 8032 Harbour View Blvd.
- Vintage Tavern, 1900 Governors Pointe Drive
For more information or to see menus and hours of the participating restaurants, visit www.suffolk-fun.com/restaurantweek. Also visit www.facebook.com/SuffolkRestaurantWeek, call 514-4130 or email email@example.com.