Gas leak closes municipal building
Published 4:00 pm Friday, January 24, 2014
The Suffolk Municipal Building has been evacuated because of a gas leak, according to a city spokesperson.
The building was evacuated at about 3:30 p.m.
Crews from Virginia Natural Gas were on the way, and emergency crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue were on the scene, according to a press release from Diana Klink.
Email newsletter signup
Klink stated in the release that the building would be closed for the rest of the day Friday.