Summer camp registration open
Published 2:28 pm Saturday, April 11, 2015
Summer camp registration is now open with Suffolk Parks and Recreation. This year’s camp offerings are below:
- Planet Recreation — This program is filled with fun activities, arts and crafts, clubs and four exciting field trips.
- Discover Your Future — Teens will be given the opportunity to enjoy games, sports, crafts and field trips. Camp includes breakfast, lunch and a T-shirt.
- Outdoor Adventure Kamp (OAK) — Are you adventurous? Interested in learning more about the great outdoors? Then OAK is the program for you. Campers will need insect repellent, sunscreen, water, snack and lunch. Tennis shoes are highly recommended.
- Hoops for Life — If your child has a desire to learn the game of basketball, this camp is for them. This “Basketball 101” program will improve basketball skills while addressing important life lessons and values. Youth will learn the value of discipline, teamwork, and the importance of setting goals. In addition to basketball training, there will be incredible guest speakers, video lessons and workshops.
- Hook-a-Kid on Golf — How would you like the opportunity to learn the many facets of the game of golf? Golf can be exciting while learning skill techniques, basic rules, etiquette and course management. This program is for girls and boys. Fee includes golf clubs, golf bag, hat and shirt.
- Challenger Soccer Camp — A soccer skills camp run by the British Soccer Challenger group.
Camp information, fees, registration times and locations can be found on the Parks and Recreation website, www.suffolkva.us/parks, or by calling the Suffolk Parks and Recreation Administration Office at 514-7250.