Suffolk Public Schools to close Monday
Suffolk Public Schools will be closed to students on Monday while the school implements Phase I of its pandemic response plan, according to Community Engagement Officer Anthonette Ward.
“We are aware of the concerns in our community around COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus, and the health and safety of our students is our top priority,” the email stated.
Students are expected to return to school on March 17.
In addition, the following will be implemented:
- Student drop-off and pick-up locations at the schools will be adjusted to include parents/guardians dropping off or picking up their students at the front door or designated locations only. This will be in effect through March 30.
- All after-school activities are canceled starting today until further notice
- All building rentals and facility use are canceled starting this weekend through March 30
- No volunteers or outside visitors will be permitted in the schools through March 30
- All events such as concerts, conferences, plays and field trips are canceled through March 30
The chief executive at the Port of Virginia stated in a Wednesday press release that the negative effects of the... read more