Chimney fire extinguished
Published 9:40 pm Saturday, November 20, 2021
Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to reports of a residential structure fire in the 900 block of Freeman Mill Road on Saturday evening.
Emergency Communications was contacted at 7:48 p.m., and the first fire unit arrived on scene at 7:57 p.m., according to a Suffolk Fire & Rescue press release.
First arriving units found active fire coming from the chimney. Crews worked quickly and were able to contain the fire to the chimney area, the release stated.
The two occupants will be able to stay at the residence. Apparatus that responded to the incident included Engine 8, Engine 7, Engine 2, Ladder 3, Rescue 1, Battalion 1, Medic 8, EMS 1, Tanker 1, Tanker 7, Tanker 8, and Safety 1.