Published 7:44 pm Friday, October 21, 2022
Aponte receives RIT performing arts scholarship
Suffolk resident Alonsso Aponte was recently awarded a partial scholarship to Rochester Institute of Technology to pursue performing arts in instrumental music.
Aponte, a graduate of Hampton Christian Academy and a homeschool program, is a first-year student in the Japanese option-applied modern language and culture bachelor of science program.
Bridgewater College welcomes the Class of 2026
Five Suffolk students are among more than 500 new students at Bridgewater College for the 2022-23 school year.
Those from Suffolk who are members of the class of 2026 include:
• Maddie Truitt, a liberal studies major, graduate of Lakeland High School
• Andrea Savage, a health and exercise science major, graduate Isle of Wight Academy
• Holden Shank, a health and exercise science major, graduate of Nansemond-Suffolk Academy
• Amora Marchand, a health and exercise science major, graduate of Lakeland High School
• Abby Byrum , a business administration major, graduate of Isle of Wight Academy
Bridgewater home to approximately 1,450 students, with about 450 first-year students, more than 30 transfer students, nearly 30 graduate students and almost a dozen non-degree seeking students.
Email newsletter signup
Suffolk resident earns award from Residents Earn Award from WGU
Brandi Spivey of Suffolk was recently presented an Award of Excellence at Western Governors University.
Spivey earned her Award of Excellence at Western Governors University Leavitt School of Health.
The award is given to students who perform at a superior level in their coursework.