Fall into art: Join Suffolk Art League’s latest classes
Published 8:10 pm Tuesday, October 3, 2023
In a Thursday news release, Suffolk Art League announced its autumn art class lineup. The release said the schedule includes various classes for all ages and skill levels.
“We are thrilled to offer such a diverse range of art classes this fall,” the news release said. “Whether you are a beginner looking to learn the basics with new materials or a more experienced artist looking to refine your skills, we have something for you.”
Classes to be offered this autumn include:
- Lush Gelli Prints and Landscape Collage: Students will learn the process of Gelli Printing and create unique abstract collages with Eloise Shelton-Mayo. Sept. 30, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Watercolor/Acrylic Painting: Beginning Oct. 5- Nov. 9, artist Barbara West will teach you the basics of watercolor or acrylic painting. All skill levels are welcome, and bring your supplies or pay a $20 optional supply fee.
- Pendant Making Workshop with Art Clay Silver: Create your jewelry pieces using precious metal clay silver and gemstones with artist Cynthia Quesenberry, Oct. 7, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Free Form Screen Printing Workshop: Explore the fine art technique of screen printing with artist Sandy Lupton and create your unique screen prints on Oct. 14, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- 2-D Needle Felting Class: Paint with wool and create a landscape scene of poppies to commemorate our veterans with artist Sandee Darden, Oct. 21, 10 a.m. until noon.
- Children’s Clay Nativity scene: Children ages 6-14 can come in and create a clay Nativity scene with artist Linda Bunch. Each child will make Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus. Previous participants can create shepherds, animals, or wise men to add to their collection on Nov. 4, 10 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
- Drop-in and Draw: Independent figure drawing session with model. Bring your supplies, and join us for 2 hours, Nov. 28, 6 p.m. — 8 p.m.
- Home-school Art Course: A 6-week recurring art course offered to our home-school community led by certified art teacher Sofia Dakos, Wednesdays 10 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. (5-8 year-olds) 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. (9-14 year-olds).
- Acrylic Painting: Beginner and Intermediate acrylic painting class with artist Tommy Johnson, 6-week recurring class, Thursdays 10 a.m. — noon.
Email newsletter signup
Anyone interested in registering for classes can visit www.suffolkartleague.com or call (757) 925-0448 Tuesday through Thursday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Space is limited. A minimum number of registrants is required for all classes. Suffolk Art League’s classes are held at the Suffolk Art Gallery, 118 Bosley Ave. Suffolk, VA 23434.
Suffolk Art League is a nonprofit arts organization that offers a variety of art classes, workshops, and events for all ages and skill levels. We are committed to providing our community with access to high-quality arts education and programming through support from the Suffolk Fine Arts Commission, the Suffolk Foundation, the Arts Alliance, the Virginia Commission for the Arts, and National Endowment for the Arts as well as the generosity of Suffolk Art League Members.