Langley gives annual awardsPublished 9:05pm Wednesday, November 14, 2012
By Gary Daughtrey
More than 350 people filled the grand ballroom inside the Hampton Roads Convention Center on Saturday as Langley Speedway put the wraps on a memorable 2012 NASCAR Whelen All-American Series campaign with its annual awards banquet.
The top finishers from each of the track’s 11 regular divisions were recognized. Special attention was reserved for the 2012 champions: Greg Edwards, Late Model Stock Cars; Shawn Balluzzo, Modifieds; Ricky Derrick, Grand Stocks; Renno Marchetti IV, Super Streets; Nick Smith, INEX Legends; Robbie Davis, Super Trucks; Bill Eaker, UCARs; Landon Florian, Pro Sixes; Charlie-Ray Lorah, HRKC Pro Winged Champ Karts; Ryleigh Lemonds, INEX Bandoleros; and Alex Floroff, Enduros.
Recipients of special achievement awards included:
- Late Models: J.T. Jackson, Rookie of the Year, and Shayne Lockhart, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Modifieds: Danny Harrell, Rookie of the Year, and Mike Rudy, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Grand Stocks: Shawn Scovel, Rookie of the Year, and Carl Livingston, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Super Streets: Jim Bennett, Rookie of the Year, and Larry Venable, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- INEX Legends: Connor Hall, Rookie of the Year, and Steve Keesee, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Super Trucks: Jacob Carr, Rookie of the Year, and Troy Turnage, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- UCARs: Jason Michaud, Rookie of the Year, and Sammy Gaita, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Pro Sixes: Landon Florian, Rookie of the Year, and Steve Williams, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- HRKC Pro Winged Champ Karts: Matthew Dail, Rookie of the Year, and Chris O’Brien, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- INEX Bandoleros: Ryleigh Lemonds, Rookie of the Year, and Bradley Wilson, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Enduros: Robert Larkin, Rookie of the Year and Larry Drommerhausen, Outstanding Sportsmanship
- Also, Harry Lockett of Mike Rudy’s No. 8 crew in the Modified division picked up NASCAR Mechanic of the Year honors.