Grand jury indicts 23Published 10:39pm Tuesday, December 18, 2012
A man arrested nearly two years ago in a large heroin bust is apparently in trouble with the law again after being indicted on a charge of manufacturing or distributing controlled substances.
William Genell “Messy” Mizelle, 32, was among 23 defendants indicted on 51 charges last week by the grand jury.
Mizelle was one of three charged after the Jan. 26, 2011 bust, in which officers recovered about $2,000 worth of heroin, $52,000 in cash and seized bank accounts and $13,000 in weapons and electronics, as well as a small amount of marijuana.
From that, Mizelle pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess heroin with intent to distribute, according to an online court records system. He was sentenced to 15 years with 14 years suspended. He was still on supervised probation after his release.
He is set to appear in court on Jan. 4 on the new charge.
Following is the full list of grand jury indictments:
- William Lenton Bailey Jr. — possession of heroin
- Yolanda Sheree Chapman — failure to appear on felony charge
- Michael William Allan Dotson — leave scene of accident (2 counts)
- Kevin Ealey — abduction
- Ricky Q. Grant — rape; abduction with intent to defile
- Amy Marie Grzywinski — obtain prescription by fraud
- David A. Hassell — forgery; uttering
- Amanda Kathleen Hayes — grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell
- Michael Lee Hill — malicious wounding
- Anna Moore Knowlton — attempted malicious wounding
- William Genell Mizelle — manufacture/distribute controlled substance
- Francina Moore — credit card fraud (2 counts)
- Raymond Lloyd Powers — destruction of property with intent; arson of personal property
- Arkeem Ladarown Riddick — destruction of property with intent; conspiracy to commit statutory burglary; armed statutory burglary; larceny with intent to sell; statutory burglary; grand larceny
- Eugene Riddick — statutory burglary; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell
- Nathaniel Capri Shaw — malicious shooting into occupied vehicle
- Morgan Leigh Snodgrass — receive goods by fraud; credit card fraud; credit card theft; identity theft
- Thomas Julius Sparling — grand larceny
- Collin Charles Thomas — grand larceny; larceny of a firearm; statutory burglary; nonviolent felon possess gun
- Kenneth Earl Watford — assault and battery of a family member, third offense
- Chris Lavonti Whitfield — unauthorized use of a vehicle
- Phyllis Wilkerson — forge public records (3 counts); utter public records (3 counts)
- Donnell Wright — grand larceny (2 counts)