A fire at this South Broad Street home on Wednesday afternoon was started by a cable installer, the city says.
A fire at this South Broad Street home on Wednesday afternoon was started by a cable installer, the city says.

Archived Story

Cable installer sparks fire

Published 9:56pm Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A cable television installer accidentally sparked a fire on South Broad Street Wednesday afternoon when he drilled into the main power line, according to a city press release.

Nobody was injured during the incident in the 300 block of South Broad, according to the city. The fire was reported at 1:45 p.m., and units were on scene four minutes later.

The blaze originated in an upstairs apartment at the two-story residence, which houses three separate apartments. It caused damage to the apartment and exterior of the second story.

The occupants of the second-floor apartment, two adults and two children, are being assisted by the American Red Cross. The downstairs occupants also are being assisted, since there is no power to the home.

PrintFriendly

Leave a comment

You must be a registered user and signed in to read and leave comments on this article.

Editor's Picks