Truman Road fire damages home

Published 9:34 pm Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A fire at a home in the 1200 block of Truman Road Friday night displaced two residents and caused about $25,000 in damage, according to city officials.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue received the fire call at 7:15 p.m. Arriving on the scene, they observed heavy smoke coming from the eaves of the single-story, single-family dwelling, according to a statement from Suffolk spokeswoman Debbie George.

The fire, which began in the kitchen, was brought under control within 15 minutes. Though the fire was contained within the kitchen area, the rest of the residence sustained major heat and smoke damage, George said in a press release.

Email newsletter signup

The fire was determined to have been accidental, and there were no injuries.