PDCCC announces fall scholarships
Published 9:19 pm Wednesday, November 23, 2011
The following students were among the recipients of fall scholarships for the 2011 semester at Paul D. Camp Community College:
- Brian Bass of Suffolk. He is majoring in education at PDCCC with the ultimate goal of becoming a teacher. He is vice president of the Student Government Association and a member of the Omega Zeta Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa honor society. Bass is the recipient of a Wal-Mart Community Involvement Scholarship and the ReMax Career Grant.
- Iris Bryant of Smithfield. A graduate of Battery Creek High School, she is studying general business at PDCCC. Her goals are to graduate with honors and find a fulfilling job in her field. Bryant received a Career Preparation Grant.
- Damacita Cave of Holland. A Lakeland High School alumnus and nursing major, she aspires to be a pediatric nurse after graduation in 2013. Cave is the recipient of the newly established Karen Phillips Chase Memorial Nursing Scholarship.
- Jacqueline Clark of Suffolk. Studying in the program of medical office specialist, she is slated to graduate in 2012. She plans to attain a certificate in Medical Office Billing as well, and find employment in a medical facility. Clark received the Kiwanis Club of Suffolk Scholarship.
- Mandi Creech of Suffolk. A member of the National Honor Society and a nursing major at PDCCC, she wants to continue her education after graduation to become a nurse practitioner. Creech is the recipient of an American Association of University Women, Suffolk Branch, Scholarship and the Dean Nancy Sandberg Scholarship.
- Elizabeth Doughty of Suffolk. Majoring in education and business administration, she wants to continue her education at Old Dominion University after graduating from PDCCC, and become an elementary school teacher. Doughty received the recently established Donald C. Boyce Education Scholarship, the PDCCC Classified Personnel Association Scholarship, and a Wal-Mart Community Involvement Scholarship.
- Jamie Edwards of Franklin. A Smithfield High School alumnus and a nursing major, she plans to attain a BSN after graduating from PDCCC and begin work as a registered nurse. She is an assistant Girl Scout leader with Troop 10. Edwards is the recipient of the Suffolk Ruritan Nursing Scholarship and a Wal-Mart Community Involvement Scholarship.
- Karen Jenkins of Suffolk. A general studies major, she is a member of Phi Theta Kappa honor society, the SGA, the Classified Personnel Association, the NAACP and the Dr. L.D. Britt Scholarship committee. Jenkins received a Wal-Mart Community Involvement Scholarship, and the following new awards: Dr. Douglas W. and Grace Boyce Scholarship and Lawrence Marvin Farmer Memorial Scholarship.
- Angela Perry of Suffolk. A nursing major, she aspires to become a registered nurse who makes a difference in the lives of patients and their families. She works for Sentara Healthcare and is active in organizations and on committees at there. Perry is the recipient of the Shirley N. Barnes Scholarship and an American Association of University Women, Suffolk Branch, Scholarship.