Kittens rescued in house fire; occupants uninjured
Published 11:44 am Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Two occupants of a home in the 1800 block of Airport Road were forced from their home Wednesday morning by a fire that damaged the kitchen area and parts of the rest of the house.
There were no injuries in the blaze, and firefighters rescued five kittens during the response, according to city officials.
Both of the occupants were checked by paramedics at the scene, but they were not transported to a hospital.
Email newsletter signup
The fire was reported at 8:25 a.m., and the fire department arrived at 8:32 a.m. Smoke and fire were showing from the home, and both occupants were already out of the home, according to a Suffolk spokesperson.
The fire has been ruled accidental. The residents will be staying with relatives and accepted some assistance from the Suffolk chapter of the American Red Cross.