Four displaced after kitchen fire

Published 4:23 pm Monday, September 15, 2014

A kitchen fire brought firefighters to a home in the 4300 block of Nansemond Parkway Monday afternoon.

Firefighters found smoke showing from the eaves of the single-story brick ranch home upon arrival. The fire was reported at 2 p.m. By the time they arrived, the fire had spread to the attic area.

One occupant had evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters. No injuries were reported.


Email newsletter signup

The roadway was closed briefly. Three adults and one juvenile have been displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.