Three displaced in kitchen fire

Published 9:36 pm Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A family of three was displaced by a kitchen fire at Wilson Pines Apartments on Tuesday afternoon.

The fire at the apartments, in the 2500 block of East Washington Street, was reported at 3:48 p.m. It was confined to one apartment in Building C and extended to the attic area after originating in the kitchen, according to a city news release.

It was called under control at 4:20 p.m. The two adults and one child are being assisted by the American Red Cross. There were no injuries.

Email newsletter signup

The fire was ruled accidental.