No injuries in electrical fire

Published 10:37 pm Friday, December 5, 2014

No one was injured during an electrical fire in downtown Suffolk on Friday evening.

The fire in the 600 block of South Sixth Street was reported at 7:08 p.m., and the first units arrived four minutes later. Firefighters found heavy smoke and flames at the single-story ranch. The occupants had evacuated prior to arrival of firefighters.

The family of three, including two adults and a teen, have been displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Email newsletter signup