Fire displaces five

Published 10:21 pm Monday, December 15, 2014

Two adults and three children were displaced by a blaze at their home in the 800 block of Cripple Creek Lane on Monday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 2:38 p.m., and the first units arrived on scene six minutes later, according to city spokesman Tim Kelley. The two-story home had light smoke showing when firefighters arrived.

The small kitchen fire was caused by unattended cooking and was contained by 2:55 p.m., Kelley stated. About $75,000 worth of damage to the home was recorded.

Email newsletter signup

There were no injuries to the occupants or firefighters. The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.