Kitchen fire displaces five

Published 11:01 pm Friday, February 13, 2015

Firefighters on Friday morning responded to a kitchen fire in the 200 block of Clay Street.

They received the call at 10:07 a.m. and arrived two minutes later. Only one occupant was home at the time and evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters.

The blaze was called under control at 11:24 a.m., according to a city press release. There were no injuries.

Email newsletter signup

Three adults and two juveniles were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross. The fire originated in the kitchen and was ruled accidental.