Fire extinguished on Jackson Street

Published 2:23 am Saturday, October 10, 2015

Suffolk Fire & Rescue crews responded Friday to a residential structure fire at a residence in the 300 block of Jackson Street in downtown Suffolk, according to a city press release. 

The fire was reported at 8:31 p.m., and the first units arrived on scene at 8:36 p.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke filling the interior of the two-story residence. The occupants had evacuated prior to their arrival.

Email newsletter signup

The fire was determined to be electrical in nature and was discovered in the floor joists. The blaze was called under control at 9:07 p.m. There were no injuries.

An adult and juvenile were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by the American Red Cross, according to the release.