Grand jury indicts 13
Published 9:50 pm Friday, December 11, 2015
A Suffolk woman has been indicted by the grand jury on charges of child abuse and neglect and child cruelty.
Laniece Deshawn Wilson, 34, was charged by police after her 4-year-old son was found wandering near a retention pond about 10 a.m. on Sept. 5. The child was not injured.
According to a city press release at the time, investigators found the mother had left the residence to shop while the child was asleep in the house alone.
Email newsletter signup
Wilson has a trial set for Dec. 21.
She was one of 13 defendants indicted on 31 charges Wednesday. The full grand jury report is below:
- Raiquen Dwayne Bynum — forge public record
- Diane Sylvia Diggs — third offense larceny
- Patrick Aaron Hall — child neglect and abuse; strangle causing wound or injury; abduction
- Jonathan Leon Harrell — nonviolent felon possess gun
- Kevin Gregg Jerscheid — strangle causing wound or injury; abduction
- Jacarri Lamarr Johnson — destruction of property
- Tiyonna Keosha McCullough — grand larceny; conspiracy to commit larceny; attempted obtain money by false pretenses; conspiracy to obtain money by false pretenses; identity theft; conspiracy to commit identity theft
- Sarah Nicole Patrick — destruction of property
- Nicole Janice Porter — prescription fraud (2 counts)
- Travis Terrance Taylor II — involuntary manslaughter; reckless driving; fail to observe highway markings
- Laniece Deshawn Wilson — child abuse and neglect; child cruelty
- Keith Tyrone Wynn — child cruelty (3 counts); child neglect and abuse (2 counts); obstruct justice; contribute to delinquency of a minor (2 counts)