Registration open for summer camps
Published 7:30 pm Saturday, April 16, 2016
Parents, it is not too early to make sure your children and teens make the most out of their summer. Registration for 2016 Suffolk Parks & Recreation Summer Camps is under way now. This year’s camps include an exciting offering for all young people:
- Planet Recreation (June 20 to Aug. 19) This program is filled with fun activities, arts and crafts, clubs and four exciting field trips. Your child will have an awesome time and adventure participating in this program. This program is for youth ages 4 to 12. The cost is $85 per session. This camp will be available at the following recreation centers: Booker T. Washington, Creekside, Mack Benn Jr., Northern Shores, Oakland and Whaleyville Community Center.
- Discover Your Future (June 20 to Aug. 19) Calling all teens! Join us at the East Suffolk Recreation Center and Whaleyville Community Center to discover your future. Teens will be given the opportunity to enjoy games, sports, crafts and field trips. Camp includes breakfast, lunch and a T-shirt. This program is designed for youth and teens ages 10 to 15 and will be held at the East Suffolk Recreation Center and the Whaleyville Community Center. The cost is $45 per week.
- Outdoor Adventure Kamp (June 20 to Aug. 5) Are you adventurous? Interested in learning more about the great outdoors? Then OAK is the program for you. Campers will need insect-repellent, sunscreen, water, snack and lunch. Tennis shoes are highly recommended. This program is for youth ages 6 to 14 and will be held at Sleepy Hole Park. The cost is $80 per session.
- Hoops for Life (June 20 to Aug. 19) If your child has a desire to learn the game of basketball, this camp is for them. This “Basketball 101” program will improve basketball skills while addressing important life lessons and values. Youth will learn the value of discipline, teamwork and the importance of setting goals. In addition to basketball training, there will be incredible guest speakers, video lessons and workshops. This program is for youth and teens ages 8 to 15 and will be held at the King’s Fork Recreation Center. The cost is $35 per session.
- Hook-a-Kid on Golf (July 18-22) How would you like the opportunity to learn the many facets of the game of golf? Golf can be exciting while learning skill techniques, basic rules, etiquette and course management. This program is for girls and boys. Fee includes golf clubs, golf bag, hat and shirt. This program is for youth and teens ages 7 to 15. The cost is $150. Camp will be held at the Sleepy Hole Golf Course.
- Challenger Soccer Camp (July 18-22) A soccer skills camp run by the British Soccer Challenger group. This camp services youth and teens ages 3 to 16. The fees are: First Kicks $95, Mini Soccer $109, Half Day $144, and Whole Day $199. Camps will be held at Bennett’s Creek Park.
Visit the Suffolk Parks & Recreation website, www.suffolkva.us/parks, or call the Suffolk Parks & Recreation Administration Office at 514-7250 for additional information including addresses for all facilities and locations referenced.