City holiday closing schedule
Published 10:21 pm Friday, May 27, 2016
In observance of the Memorial Day holiday, Suffolk City offices will be closed Monday. Normal operations will resume Tuesday at 8:30 a.m.
The following departments and facilities will observe the following schedules:
- Due to mechanical difficulties, Cypress Park Pool will not be available to open on Memorial Day. Personnel will continue to aggressively prepare the facility for use as soon as possible. Call 514-7250 for more information.
- The Suffolk Tourism Visitor Center will remain open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Monday.
- All Suffolk City Libraries will be closed Monday.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery will be closed Monday.
- All Suffolk Parks & Recreation joint use recreation facilities will be closed on Monday. The East Suffolk Recreation Center and Whaleyville Community Center will be closed Monday. The Suffolk Parks & Recreation Administrative Office will be closed Monday.
- Suffolk’s four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Constant’s Wharf, Sleepy Hole and Bennett’s Creek — will remain open Monday; however, no park attendant will be on duty.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport will remain open on Monday; however, the terminal will be closed.
- Suffolk Public Works Department and TFC Recycling will pick up trash and recycling as scheduled next week. Trash must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, call Public Works at 514-7630.
- The Southeastern Public Safety Authority Transfer Station in Suffolk will be open Monday from 7 a.m. to noon. The Regional Landfill will be closed on Monday.