Crews extinguish apartment fire

Published 8:43 pm Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A cooking fire caused about $2,000 worth of damage at an East Washington Street apartment Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 1:53 p.m. at the Wilson Pines Apartments in the 2500 block of East Washington Street, according to a city press release. The first units arrived three minutes later.

Capt. James Broglin stated in the press release that fire personnel saw smoke coming from an apartment unit and quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen. The stove, hood vent and cabinets suffered damage, but the apartment above was unharmed and the residents were not displaced. There were no injuries.

Email newsletter signup