• 79°

Two displaced in kitchen fire

Two people were displaced from their home on South 11th Street on Tuesday evening by a kitchen fire.

The fire was reported at 8 p.m., and the first firefighters arrived four minutes later. They found moderate smoke coming from the residence and a working kitchen fire, according to a city press release.

The occupants had evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters. Nobody was injured.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. An adult and juvenile who lived there are being assisted by the Suffolk chapter of the American Red Cross.