Fire displaces four

Published 9:44 pm Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A malfunctioning clothes dryer caused a fire in a home on Carolina Road Wednesday morning.

The fire was reported at 10:40 a.m. in the 5100 block of Carolina Road, according to a city press release. The first units arrived at 10:54 a.m.

Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke and flames showing from the rear porch of the 1 ½ story residence. The occupants had evacuated prior to the arrival of firefighters.

Email newsletter signup

The fire was called under control at 11:27 a.m. Two adults and two children were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross, according to the release.

There were no injuries.