Monday closings and delays [UPDATING LIST]
Published 4:24 pm Sunday, January 8, 2017
Monday’s closings and delays related to the weekend’s snowstorm are as follows:
- Suffolk Public Schools — All schools, departments and offices are closed. All activities and events are cancelled. The school system is operating on a Code 1 schedule, which means that essential personnel should report. This group includes, principals, department heads and custodians, who will work to prepare buildings for a safe return when school reopens.
- Nansemond-Suffolk Academy — Closed. Also, the varsity boys’ basketball game against Portsmouth Christian will not be played.
- Isle of Wight County Schools — All schools and offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Suffolk City Offices — All offices will be closed on Monday, and all activities and events have been cancelled, including before- and after-school care. Alpha personnel with the Suffolk Police Department should report as usual as directed by their supervisors.
- The Southeastern Public Services Authority regional landfill will be closed on Monday.
- Suffolk Transit will be providing limited service on Monday. Service will be offered during normally scheduled hours with the following alterations:
- Orange Route – No service Monday.
- Blue Route – No service Monday.
- Green Route – Normal schedule, no route changes anticipated. Riders along Kensington Way may wish to contact Transit Operations at 214-6442 to ensure that service is available.
- Red Route – Normal schedule; no service to Prospect Road.
- Yellow Route – Normal schedule, no service to South Suffolk and Saratoga neighborhoods. Service will continue along Washington Street to Carolina Road and south to Obici Industrial Blvd.
- Gold Route – Normal schedule; no service to North Suffolk, Nansemond Parkway or Wilroy Road. Connections will be between the Chesapeake Square area and Downtown Transfer Station only.
- The Western Tidewater Free Clinic will be closed.