Tuesday closings and delays [UPDATING LIST]
Published 12:50 pm Monday, January 9, 2017
Tuesday’s closings and delays related to the weekend’s snowstorm are as follows:
- Suffolk Public Schools — All schools, departments and offices are closed. All activities and events are cancelled. The school system is operating on a Code 1 schedule, which means that essential personnel should report. This group includes, principals, department heads and custodians, who will work to prepare buildings for a safe return when school reopens.
- Nansemond-Suffolk Academy — The school is closed, and all activities and events have been cancelled for Tuesday.
- Suffolk City offices will be operating on a two-hour delay on Tuesday.
- Isle of Wight County Schools — Closed on Tuesday.
- Isle of Wight County government offices will be operating on a two-hour delay on Tuesday.
- The Southeastern Public Service Authority will be operating on a two-hour delay on Tuesday.
- All trash and recycling routes will be on their normal schedule on Tuesday.
- All before- and after-school activities operated by Suffolk Parks and Recreation have been canceled for Tuesday.
- Suffolk Transit will be providing limited service on Tuesday. Service will be offered during normally scheduled hours with the following service alterations:
- Blue Route – No service
- Orange Route – Normal schedule; service limited to Main Street, East Washington Street and Portsmouth Boulevard. No neighborhood services
- Green Route – Normal schedule; no route changes anticipated. Riders along Kensington Way may wish to contact Transit Operations at 214-6442 to ensure that service is available
- Red Route – Normal schedule; no service to Prospect Road
- Yellow Route – Normal schedule; no service to South Suffolk and Saratoga neighborhoods. Service will continue along Washington Street to Carolina Road and south to Obici Industrial Boulevard.
- Gold Route – Normal schedule; no service to North Suffolk, Nansemond Parkway or Wilroy Road. Connections will be between the Chesapeake Square area and Downtown Transfer Station only.