Grand jury indicts 31
The grand jury on Wednesday handed down 119 indictments against 31 defendants, including two people accused of embezzling from ArtFx.
ArtFx is a company with a location on Pruden Boulevard that ships NFL-branded jerseys and T-shirts.
According to court documents, Brian O’Neal Reid and Kiera Darnisha Ricks were employees there who are accused of multiple counts of forgery, uttering and embezzlement.
The court documents stated that ArtFx surveillance footage showed Reid and Ricks sitting at the computer when fictitious labels were created. The two allegedly would create shipping labels in the computer with their address on them so that jerseys would get shipped to their home. In some cases, they were creating fictitious orders, according to the court documents; in other cases, they were altering the shipping address on legitimate orders.
During an interview, Ricks, 21, who lives in Chesapeake, told a detective she altered the shipping labels. She said she was doing it “for a friend.” The jerseys were still sitting in boxes at her home, she said, and she claimed not to have plans to sell them or give them away.
In his interview, Reid, 32, would not say anything about the altered shipping labels.
“I ain’t no snitch,” he said.
The full grand jury list is below.
- Raymond Ensor Beach IV — drive while intoxicated, fourth or subsequent offense within 10 years
- James William Bell — strangle causing wound or injury; possession of firearm by a violent felon; assault and battery of family member; brandish a firearm
- William Evans Clark — possession heroin
- Christopher Bernard Copeland — drive while intoxicated, second offense within five years; drive while suspended, third or subsequent offense; reckless driving
- Christopher Julian Corona — grand larceny; conspiracy to commit larceny
- Kaliyah Porchae Delk — fail to stop at accident, more than $1,000
- Antoine Dwayne Drew — strangle causing wound or injury
- Robert Michael Faulk Jr. — forgery; uttering; worthless check
- John Golden — forgery of public records (2 counts); uttering of public records (2 counts)
- Christopher Otto Haines — drive while intoxicated, third offense within five years; drive while suspended or revoked, endangerment
- Toni Hawkins — embezzlement, more than $200
- Trenton Leon Higgs — possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, more than ½ ounce to less than 5 pounds
- Michael Hoffler — possess heroin
- Christopher Anthony Marino — possess Schedule I or II drug
- Rachel Lynn Mayo — credit card theft; credit card fraud; exploit mental person for money, more than $200; identity theft
- Harold Joseph McCann Jr. — worthless check
- Hasheem Shabazz Mohammed — assault and battery of a law enforcement officer
- John Taylor Munday — fail to appear on felony charge
- Anthony Teron Parker — possession of cocaine with intent to distribute
- William Angelo Privott — drive while habitual offender (2 counts)
- Brian O’Neal Reid — embezzlement (2 counts); forgery (13 counts); uttering (13 counts)
Kiera Darnisha Ricks — embezzlement (6 counts); forgery (16 counts); uttering (16 counts)
- Mandocous Jayni Rivers — use of a firearm
- Sophon Song — drive while intoxicated, third offense within 10 years; child abuse and neglect
- Karen Marie Stephens — grand larceny
- Derrico Raquan Steward — carnal knowledge of a minor
- Anthony Ray Stubbs — grand larceny; larceny with intent; conspiracy to commit grand larceny
- Dominique Devonta Thompson — forgery; uttering; attempt to obtain money by false pretenses; attempted identity theft
- Cullen Sheffield Wallace — fail to appear on felony charge
- Casandra Watkins — extort in writing
- Kenyatta Raquan Wood — possession with intent to distribute/manufacture controlled substance; possession with intent to distribute heroin; possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, more than ½ ounce to less than 5 pounds