Fire displaces two

Published 10:00 pm Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Two people were displaced by a small kitchen fire in the 6200 block of Pelican View Court on Wednesday morning.

Emergency Communications received a fire alarm call at 9:04 a.m., and the first units arrived on scene at 9:14 a.m., according to a city press release. The residence in the Burbage Lakes subdivision had light smoke coming from the front door when the first units arrived.

Firefighters knocked down the fire, but the residence sustained smoke damage. The adult male occupant was treated for smoke inhalation by emergency personnel and taken by ground ambulance to a local hospital for more treatment.

Email newsletter signup

Two occupants were displaced as a result of the fire. The cause was determined to be a heat lamp on the kitchen table, according to the press release.