Relay seeks volunteer leaders
Suffolk Relay for Life is recruiting volunteers to be part of the event leadership team. A list of available positions is below. Volunteers can give as much or as little time as they want.
Contact Tara Asare at 493-7972 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“Bring The People” Positions:
- Volunteer Coordinator: Responsible for helping to recruit volunteers for day of event and assign them to appropriate areas where needed.
- Team Ambassador: Responsible for helping new team captains understand their role as leader of their team.
- Youth Champion: Builds relationships with schools and youth-based groups about the event with the goal of engaging youth in cancer awareness, education, and fundraising activities.
- Community Champion: Speak to groups and individuals about the Relay for Life program, with the goal of bringing more exposure, people and fundraising to the event.
- Survivor/Caregiver Recruitment: Responsible for the recruitment and retention of cancer survivors and caregivers within the community.
“Build The Fun” Positions:
- Entertainment: Works with ACS staff partner and Experience Lead to locate and secure entertainment to take place on the big stage, including DJ’s, bands, performance groups, etc.
- Relay Activities: In charge of the planning and implementing activities for the day of Relay.
- Opening/Closing Ceremony: Works closely with ACS staff partner and Experience Lead to help plan the opening and closing ceremonies of the event, making sure they are meaningful.
- Social Media: Use social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep Relay relevant through pictures, recognition of sponsors, top fundraisers, etc. and the ACS mission.
- Marketing: Works with ACS staff partner and the Experience Lead to plan and coordinate interaction with local media to ensure that Relay for Life is being well publicized and represented in the community. This includes working on media releases, public service announcements and placing signs/banners around the community.
- Recognition: Responsible for keeping meetings energetic and fun to recognize teams or individuals with various successes throughout the year.
“Fund The Mission” Positions:
- Accounting: Helps with the collection of money and the registration of teams for Relay.
- Registration: Responsible for Relay Registration before Relay as well as the day of the event.
- Fundraising: Works with ACS staff partner to train and motivate Team Captains and team members to plan effective team and community fundraising.
- Sponsorship: Works closely with ACS staff partner and Fund the Cure Lead to recruit new corporate sponsors throughout the community and ensure they receive proper recognition.
- Website: Works closely with ACS staff person to maintain website with local event information and serve as main contact for online questions.