Chimney fire extinguished

Published 11:50 am Thursday, January 4, 2018

Nobody was displaced when a chimney caught fire in the 100 block of Foxworth Circle on Thursday morning.

The fire was reported by a neighbor at 10:13 a.m., and the first units arrived on scene in the Kensington neighborhood at 10:19 a.m., according to a city press release.

The fire was contained to the chimney, and damage was limited to the exterior of the home, according to the press release.

Email newsletter signup

Nobody was displaced, and there were no injuries. The fire was called under control at 10:54 a.m.