Fire extinguished at shopping center

Published 1:25 pm Sunday, January 28, 2018

Suffolk Fire & Rescue extinguished a fire at a commercial laundry facility on Saturday evening.

The fire at the Wash House Launderette in the 800 block of North Main Street was reported at 10:05 p.m.

The first unit arrived five minutes later and found heavy smoke inside the facility, according to a city press release. All occupants inside the business had evacuated. The fire was contained to a dryer unit that reportedly malfunctioned, and the marked under control at 10:26 p.m., according to the press release.

Newsletter

Email newsletter signup

There were no injuries.