Kitchen fire extinguished

Published 10:17 pm Thursday, February 8, 2018

Suffolk Fire & Rescue extinguished a kitchen fire on South Capital Street Thursday afternoon.

The fire was reported at 4:35 p.m. in the 100 block of South Capital Street, according to a city press release. The first units arrived four minutes later to find light smoke showing from the exterior of the home.

Upon entering, firefighters found heavy smoke in the kitchen due to a fire on the stovetop. Most of the damage was contained to kitchen appliances but did extend to walls and cabinets.

Email newsletter signup

The fire was marked under control at 4:49 p.m.

Two adults and one juvenile live at the home, but they will not be displaced. There were no injuries.

The cause was determined to be accidental.