Get ready for Nosh
Published 9:19 pm Thursday, April 12, 2018
Tell your boss you’re leaving work early on May 3. Go ahead, do it. We’re giving you permission.
One of the premier spring events, Nosh on the Nansemond, is coming back that Thursday. If you don’t know what “nosh” means, well, let’s just say it involves eating food. The event will also feature your favorite beverages, music, fun with your friends and a beautiful springtime view of the Nansemond River.
We know you’re hooked now.
Email newsletter signup
This event is a main fundraiser for the Rotary Club of Downtown Suffolk, which raises money for scholarships for local students as well as donations to vital nonprofit organizations such as the Suffolk News-Herald’s Cheer Fund, ForKids, the Suffolk Literacy Council and the Western Tidewater Free Clinic.
As if helping local charities weren’t enough:
- Event attendees will nosh on all-you-can-eat samples from Suffolk’s best restaurants after paying a $25 admission. If you’ve been wondering about trying a local eatery, this will be a great time to discover what they have. If you already have some go-to restaurants, you’ll be able to chat up the owners in this fun, friendly, informal atmosphere.
- “Libations,” as Rotary Club President Win Winslow put it this week to a News-Herald reporter.
- BadDadz, a vocally driven acoustic trio, will entertain the crowd with high-energy music.
- You pay one low price and get as many samples as you like, rather than being charged for each item you want to try.
- The weather is bound to be fantastic. It’s May 3, the perfect date. The little-too-cool part of spring will be over, and everyone knows the little-too-hot part of spring doesn’t start until May 4.
- It lasts from 3 to 7 p.m., and you’ll want to get there early for the best samples. Did we mention you get to leave work early?
- It provides great networking opportunities. If that sounds a little too much like work, just stuff some food in your mouth whenever others try to network. Then tell your boss on Friday morning that you networked.
- We promise you won’t find a better food event in Suffolk this spring.
If all this sounds too irresistible, you can rush to www.eventbrite.com right now and purchase your tickets. A link can also be found on the Nosh on the Nansemond Facebook page.